Thursday, September 26, 2013

Carlan Steward
CARLAN STEWARD - May 1945 to September 2013

I must apologize for being AWOL recently.  I try to post four times a month, but I have been incapable of writing for a while.  My business partner, and wonderful friend, Carlan, died a few weeks ago, unexpectedly.  This man was part of my life, eight hours a day, five days a week for thirty-two years.  We laughed.  We overcame obstacles, and shared both good and bad fortune.  During that time, we developed a kind of man-love usually found between fellow soldiers who have faced death together in combat.  There was nothing I would not do for Carlan, and I know he felt the same way.  A void now exists in my heart, one that can never be filled, a place where his memories wait patiently for moments when I need encouragement or, perhaps, just to a safe place to hang out.  Goodbye my friend.  I miss you.

2 comments:

  1. Losing a long-time close friend is never easy. I understand the gap, the feeling of a void, you feel. Hang in there and hang onto those memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terry. I know you have similar life experiences. Your empathy is deeply appreciated...Dean.

      Delete

I would love to hear your thoughts about my blog.